Sunday, June 1, 2014

OWH Great Impressions Blog Hop


Hello Friends! Today it's my pleasure to be participating in the OWH Great Impressions Blog Hop. Great Impressions has created a line of fundraiser stamps to benefit OWH and I know you're going to really enjoy seeing the stamps in action on today's hop.


This is a traditional hop which means you can find the start over at the 
and then follow the links in each post to your next stop.

As you can see I've adjusted the sketch to create a space for the sentiment. While I could have placed it in the upper left corner area and stayed true to the sketch I thought it might take attention away from the sweet image so I did what I recommend you also do whenever you're using a sketch and it's not working as well as you want it to...improvise.



Missing You set by Great Impressions • Paper - Simple Stories, Color Vibe 2
Sunflower Die - My Favorite Things


I've been very inspired by all the amazing watercolor art that so many have been sharing lately, so I decided to dig out my watercolor pencils and use them to color this image. I don't actually color the image directly but instead use the fine point of my brush (#5 size) dipped in water and then rubbed against the pencil point to pull off some color. While I don't use watercolors often in my card making it's one of my all-time favorite mediums and years ago I painted and sold many pieces. If I find some time I may hunt down a few samples and share them in a future post. Stay tuned.


That's it for me today now it's time for you to head on over to your next stop


Happy Crafting!
signature

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Paula! Gorgeous coloring and I do love your improvisation!

Erika said...

This is a sweet card with the polka dots and flower. Great job coloring - her hair looks so real! Very nice.

Andrea T said...

I always enjoy your cards. The watercoloring turned out perfect. TFS

JoAnn Ross said...

Paula, once again, you just blew me away with your card. As if the blue and white sample one wasn't wonderful enough, this is so sweet and the coloring is amazing.

Judi said...

I have used water color "pencils" quite a bit, but have never tried using them the way you described. Thanks for sharing. Will need to do a lot practicing to get the technique down half as good as you. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Great watercoloring--the sentiment is perfect!

Lori Kobular said...

I love the way you colored this card, it is just so sweet!! This stamp set is great! Thank you for helping OWH!

Unknown said...

Another home run, this is such a beautiful card. I love these sets and the sketches.

LibLady said...

Great coloring and as always, great card!

sandybear76 said...

love the coloring! Not a medium I use but I so love the effect.

WhoMom said...

Wonderful coloring with the watercolor pencils! You're going to motivate me to find mine! The sentiment is great with the lonely girl. Very nice card.

Lynn said...

Hi Paula! I love how you used the watercolor pencils. I love the look of watercolors, it was my favorite when I used to paint. I might have to get my old stuff out give it a try! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Love the pink and green paper and your coloring

Sherry Butcher said...

Wonderful card, the colors, the water coloring and the stamp set. TFS.

Nancy Keller said...

Awesome water coloring! And I love that big flower! Way to go, Paula! Amazing as always!

Carol L said...

I love that sentiment along with the cute image you used! The tab on the side really looks fun too!

Sybrina K said...

Paula, So good to see your pretty card in the hop. Love the effect you achieved with these watercolor pencils. :)

Sue D said...

Very cute. I like how you changed the sketch and the pretty flower embellishment.

One Scrappy Gal said...

What a cheerful card ! I love the freshness of the colors and your expert coloring.

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this great card, Paula! The bright colors are fabulous! So excited to be hopping with you! HUGS and happy stamping! :) Mynn xx

Joanne Travis said...

What a sweet, cheerful card! Love the pink and green together.

Unknown said...

Your card makes me feel happy and that's always "A Good Thing". I love your sentiment. It's exactly how I feel about certain people. You always give such wonderful tips.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love how you improvised and your coloring is fantastic!! And the pink, green and orange are just right!! Love it!

Marsha said...

Love that flower. Really enjoying the hop with these new sets.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Paula! Gorgeous card using such a great combination of colors and elements. I really love the delicate look of the watercolored image and the placement of the sentiment. Sometimes I think finding a way to put a sentiment on a card is the hardest part! Hope you are having a great week!

Katy said...

Such a sweet card! Love the sentiment too. :)

Debi said...

Beautiful watercolor on this card. TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...