Saturday, August 16, 2014

So Thankful - OWH Sketch #236

Hello Friends! As most of you are probably already aware there are some important changes happening at Operation Write Home (read about it here) and among them is that the Sketch Challenge is going to be twice a month instead of every week. While I know that might come as a bit of a disappointment to some of my fellow OWHers I think that I might just find myself participating more with the extra time. 

This card is based on the current sketch though I did take a few liberties in adjusting it. Mainly I wanted more of my background print to show so I reduced the size of the rectangle panel a bit. While having the measurements on the sketches can be really helpful, especially if you're new to making cards, I think it's important to remember that being 'exact' is not critical. Don't be afraid to make adjustments and add your own twist.



My craft supply shopping has come to an almost total halt in the past year. The reason is two-fold, I haven't been crafting as much and though I've been doing more graphic design freelance in recent months  it's not a steady income and it just wouldn't be prudent to not be extra careful about spending. That being said the papers in this card are from a 6x6 KI Memories pad that I found on my WalMart Clearance rack for $2.00. I picked up two different fall colored pads, each has 32 nice-quality sheets and they are double-sided designs too. So for any of you 'bargain hunters' out there who are short on paper (ROTFL) you may want to check your local store.

Happy Crafting!
signature

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful cards! I esp love the bow at the top on this well coordinated card!

Velda said...

Lovely card, Paula. The colors go so well together. I bought quite a few of those pads from Wal-Mart and picked up the last 2 the had in clearance a few weeks ago.

Beth F. said...

Your card is so beautiful! I just browsed my WM clearance aisles and didn't find any paper. Not that I needed more LOL!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card, love the cohesive color scheme, very peaceful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...